Breakfast really doesn’t need to be complicated. So let me make this easy on you – five ingredients, 3 steps. That’s it.
This easy plant-based breakfast oat bran recipe is one of my favorites. It has a nice balance of sweetness, tart, and saltiness. It’s also very cheap and very easy to make.
Did you know there are several types of oats out there? There’s everything between old-fashioned oats to steel-cut. But then there’s oat bran.
Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal is what I always get. If you’re unfamiliar with oat bran, it’s another affordable option that packs nearly double the amount of protein and fiber than your good ol’ fashioned regular oats. It also has a nice soft, grainy texture – similar to Cream of Wheat or “farina.”
For just 150 calories, Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran Cereal has 7 grams of fiber, 7 grams of protein and 10% of your daily iron. Another reason why I love oat bran is that it takes only 2 minutes to cook. No, it’s not “quick oats.” Oat bran simply cooks faster.
Berries And Banana Oat Bran Bowl
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Combine water, oat bran, and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes until thick.
- Remove from saucepan and add the oats to a bowl.
- Top the oats with banana chunks, raspberries, and a drizzle of honey.
While you’re here, check out our most popular recipes on the website:
Did you try out this Berries And Banana Oat Bran Bowl?