Sure, I can probably make my own pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, but let’s be real here, sometimes I don’t have the time or the means. Besides, the stuff in the jar does just fine.
Although pesto typically has animal products, this one’s vegan and from. I bought it from Trader Joe’s and they have a few varieties, but this one is made with kale, cashews, and basil, and olive oil. Additionally, I bought the sun-dried tomatoes from Trader Joe’s too – which I found near the tomato sauce.
Anyway, I am a big fan of carb-heavy breakfasts, for example, a bowl of oatmeal, or a smoothie. But I think it was time to switch it up. So instead, I had a couple of pieces of whole-wheat toast and added bold, savory flavors with delicious sources of fats from the olives, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes. Between the fats from the toppings and the fiber from the toast, this ends up being a satisfying breakfast.
Totally feel free to make this recipe your own. Other items that work well on savory toast include nutritional yeast, hummus, slices of tomatoes, and sprouts.
Easy Pesto, Olives, and Sun-Dried Tomato Toast Recipe
- I used whole-wheat toast, but feel free to use what you have. However, whole-wheat toast, in comparison to white, gives a nice density and satiating feel to the whole recipe.
- I love a good slice of freshly baked bread, but store-bought sliced bread will do.
- If you want more or less of something, you’re totally welcome to adjust accordingly.
- This recipe is vegan.
Ready for the easy pesto, olives, and sun-dried tomato toast recipe?
- Toast the two slices of bread.
- On one side of each slice, spread the pesto.
- Then, add the sundried tomatoes and olives on top. You can cut the olives in halves, or keep them whole.
Want more toast? Check out these recipes:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1