To make this white sauce, we’re using the most important ingredient listed: raw cashews.
When boiled and blended, cashews turn in to a rich, velvety sauce that’s enhanced by our other ingredients including nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and salt.
The vegan white pasta sauce has a hint of smokiness brought forward by the raw cashews and a shy tang that reminds us of the natural sourness that comes from dairy cheese. But, 100% plant-based, of course.
With only 6 ingredients and whipped up in just minutes, you’ll be making this dish as a staple!
Vegan White Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews raw, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Boil the cashews for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside water from boiled cashews. Save it – you'll need it.
- In a blender, toss in your cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, and ½ cup of the cashew water.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add more water if you want something thinner or more runny.
- Add less if you want it more spreadable.
Check out some of our most popular recipes:
Did you try out this Vegan White Pasta Sauce recipe?