A warm and cozy bowl of “carrot cake” oats spiced with ground cinnamon and sweetened with brown sugar. A breakfast bowl that’s hearty, flavor-packed, and nutritionally dense.
The best thing? It’s healthy, filling, and definitely curved my sweet tooth without being overwhelming and too junky.
In truth, this carrot cake oat bran bowl seriously made the rest of my morning. I am feeling so alert and energized. All it takes is just a handful of ingredients and patience to not eat the whole damn thing while it’s coming altogether.
Additionally, This recipe is plant-based and vegan – so pick up those spoons and dig in.
If you want to switch up breakfast, go for a cozy bowl of breakfast lentils with cinnamon, brown sugar, and swirl of creamy coconut milk.
Additional Topping Ideas:
- Shredded carrots
- Maple syrup
- Dairy-free yogurt
- Brown sugar
More Oat Bran Bowl Recipes:
How To Toast Walnuts
You can toast walnuts in the oven, or on the stovetop. I choose to toast them in pan on a stove because this is the easiest, fastest, risk-averse way to do it (walnuts can burn quickly if you’re not careful).
Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Then, pour walnuts into the pan in a single layer. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until fragrant and slightly brown.
- I used pre-shredded carrots in this recipe. It’s easy, fast, and convenient. However, if you have whole carrots, you can shred them with a vegetable peeler.
- Oat bran hasn’t matched in popularity with old-fashioned oats, so it may be challenging to find – even in bigger cities. If you don’t want to waste time, gas, and effort, you can purchase oat bran online.
- If you do not have non-dairy milk, that’s fine. Water will do, too.
“Carrot Cake” Oat Bran Bowl
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- In a pot over medium heat, add coconut oil and shredded carrots. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Serve and add toasted walnuts and additional toppings of choice (optional).
Did you try out this “Carrot Cake” Oat Bran Bowl recipe?