Sometimes when I just want to shove my face with anything delicious, I look into foods that will provide me a lot of fiber and will fill up my stomach fairly easily. My go to? Oats. Specifically, oat bran.
One of my favorite ways to incorporate oat bran is by making plant-based, gluten-free pancakes from scratch.
Now, are they going to taste as delightful as you boxed pancake mix? Maybe not – unless you typically crave healthier food options. However, these plant-based, peanut butter pancakes don’t need to be boring.
Personally, I add a lot of flavors and toppings to get these pancakes out-of-this-world good. In this recipe, I’ve topped these pancakes with a spoon-splat of peanut butter, bananas, and a lot of maple syrup. You can also add other sorts of fruits like raspberries or give it a crunch with something nutty.
A few things that’s great about this recipe: it’s plant-based, gluten-free, oil-free, dairy free, and super easy to make! You’re going to love these plant-based peanut butter pancakes.
- Throw all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Put the mix into a blender and blend for a few seconds until you get a batter.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a non-stick pan, over medium heat.
- Cook on both sides for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pancakes with a nice serving of peanut butter, banana pieces, and maple syrup.