Strawberries are back in season and we gotta use them up!
Made a plant-based, oil-free strawberry banana bread with very ripe, sweet strawberries that we picked up from the market. We had a good deal, so we loaded up on the fruit – but now it’s time to use them any way we can.
This time, we’re making strawberry banana bread.
Just like my basic banana bread recipe, this one requires only a handful of ingredients and all of them are completely plant-based and vegan. We just threw in strawberries this time.
Ingredients needed: bananas, strawberries, dates, oat bran, cinnamon powder, and water. That’s it.
So for the folks out there who are dairy-free, oil-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, complicated recipe-free, this one’s for you.
Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 8 dates
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Except for the strawberries, throw everything into a blender.
- Blend for about a minute, until you get a batter-type consistency.
- Mix some of the sliced strawberries with the banana bread batter.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan. Top with more sliced strawberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Then, for the remaining 30 minutes, loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove from the oven. Allow cooling for at least 15 minutes. Slice & serve.
Digging more sweets? Check these recipes out: