Nut-Free Vegan Basil Pesto
Easy, nut-free, garlicky, vegan basil pesto done in just 5 minutes. The perfect sauce to dress up your pasta, sandwiches, veggie wraps, or soups.
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds no shell
- 2.5 cups fresh basil packed or 2.5 ounces
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- To freeze, pour the pesto into a mason jar and add a bit of olive oil on top to act as a seal to prevent oxidation. Then, close with a lid.
- I blend my pesto on a low “liquid” setting on my blender.
- If you want a boost of umami or "cheesiness" in this pesto recipe, add 1-2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.