Plant-Based Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Hearty, creamy, dairy-free chickpea salad sandwich made with real ingredients. The perfect summertime recipe that satisfies even the biggest appetite.
- 15.5 ounces can of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tablespoons of cashew cream see recipe notes
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium mixing bowl and with the back of a fork, mash the chickpeas. Add the cashew cream, red onion, celery, dijon mustard, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
To assemble the sandwich, spread more cashew cream on the bottom slice of bread, then top with spinach, the chickpeas salad, sliced tomatoes, and some salt and black pepper.
- I used my homemade cashew cream sauce as a replacement for mayo. However, you can choose to use vegan mayonnaise instead.