Pumpkin Pie Spice Oat Bran Pancakes
A heart healthy, hearty breakfast stack of pumpkin pie spice that'll make everyday feel like Christmas.
First, in a high-powered blender, throw in your oat bran and chia seeds. Blend for about 30-60 seconds, or until powdery and flour-like.
Pour the blended oat bran and chia seeds into a strainer and sift over a mixing bowl.
Add salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together and blend well.
Next, add water and whisk again until well-combined and smooth.
Over medium heat in a non-stick pan, add vegan butter. Once hot, pour about ¼ cup of pancake batter into the pan. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
Top your pancakes with a dollop of butter, a drizzle of syrup and pumpkin butter (optional)
- As the pancake batter sits, it will soak up the water and gradually become thicker. Feel free to add additional water as needed – you’re most likely going to need to.
- We’re throwing the oat bran and chia seeds into the blender for two reasons: 1) to get it to a flour consistency 2) breaking down the chia seeds will help increase absorption of their nutrients.
- Feel free to use any kind of vegan butter you like. I am a huge fan of Melt’s Organics and that is what I used.
- Use real maple syrup or fake syrup. Totally up to you…we’re all out here trying to save a dollar or two.
- This recipe yields about 1-2 servings.