Homemade Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Recipe
Light, creamy, and made from plant-based ingredients. The perfect hot chocolate to wrap up the night.
- 1 1/4 cup cashew milk (or vegan milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a small pot, heat the vegan, dairy-free milk over medium-high heat until it simmers.
Once at a simmer, add the cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla, and ground cinnamon.
Stir well and simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until hot. Serve immediately.
- You can use whatever dairy-free, vegan milk tickles your pickle. I had cashew milk. Not for any particular reason other than I got it for a deal.
- The cinnamon is totally optional, but I recommend it. You can even be fancy and throw in a couple of cinnamon sticks to your drink.
- Personally, the amount of sugar in this recipe is perfect. But if you’re into a sugar rush, just add more. Or add less. That’s up to you and your tastebuds.
- Additionally, if you don’t have vanilla, it’s okay to skip it. The more important ingredients include vegan milk, cocoa powder, and sugar. Everything else is optional.