Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos
Tofu scramble breakfast tacos loaded with beans, spices, and veggies. Great for on-the-go breakfast or when you want something quick and easy. Vegetarian, egg-free, and ready in ten minutes!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 whole Roma tomato seeded + chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed, minced
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- Small tacos
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and green bell pepper and cook until tender.
Next, add the chopped tomato and garlic. Cook until fragrant — about 1 minute. With your hands, tear the tofu block into small pieces directly into the pan.
Add the nutritional yeast, salt, and turmeric. Mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the beans.
Warm tacos in the non-stick pan for about 30 seconds on each side, or microwave for 30 seconds.
Arrange the tofu scramble mix onto the tacos.
- The turmeric in this recipe helps color the tofu block to a yellowish shade. No need to add a bunch of it – it really stains. A pinch or ¼ of a teaspoon will do.
- I used Roma tomatoes because I really love their color and flavor, but you can use your favorite kind of tomato.
- I used canned black beans for this recipe. Just be sure to drain the liquid and give it a quick rinse.
- If you want to make the beans from scratch, you’ll just need additional time. But it’s easy. Check out my black bean recipe.