Baked Zucchini Fries
Switch it up with crispy, low-carb zucchini fries. Baked to perfection! A great snack or side dish to pair with burgers, sandwiches, and mains.
- 4 zucchinis
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to your liking)
- Red chili flakes optional
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
Cut off ends of the zucchini and cut into wedges or fries, about ¼-inch thick.
Place the zucchini fries in a large colander over a bowl. Salt them generously and allow them to “sweat” for 30 minutes. Next, drain and blot them as dry as possible with a paper towel or a tea towel.
In a small bowl, pour the soymilk. In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, combine nutritional yeast, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, baking powder, and salt.
Dip and roll the zucchini strip into the vegan milk. Then, toss evenly with the seasoning/breading mix. Repeat for all strips and place into a baking pan in a single layer.
Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway. Broil for about 2 minutes.
- If your baking sheet is not large enough to fit all of the fries, work in batches. Alternatively, you can cut the servings in half and adjust ingredient measurements accordingly.
- You can choose to use different seasonings. Like traditional french fries, you can add any flavors you enjoy.
- For an extra crispy result, dip the zucchini fries into a flour + water mixture. Then, roll them into panko.