How To Make Vegan Zucchini Fries
Tired of regular potato fries to pair with that veggie burger? Switch it up with something much tastier - crispy zucchini fries.
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegan milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to your liking)
Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees. Line up a baking tray with parchment paper.
Cut ends of the zucchini and cut length-ways in half. Cut into fries/strips.
In a bowl, make the breading mix by combining garlic powder, nutritional yeast, dry basil leaves, and salt.
Dip zucchini strip into vegan milk. Roll it around the breading mix. Place onto a baking sheet.
Bake at 425 F degrees for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Make a second batch of breading, if need be. If you start to notice the breading starting to clump together, it’s time for a fresh batch.