Plant-Based Breakfast Sausage
Plant-based breakfast sausage using easy-to-find, affordable ingredients. Complete your plate of plant-based breakfast sausage with a side of tofu scramble, biscuits, and mushroom bacon.
- 16 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pancake syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Vegan butter
Drain and press tofu
In a large bowl, tear apart tofu with hands or a fork and form small crumbles
Add and combine smoked paprika, salt, chili powder, brown sugar, pancake syrup, soy sauce, oat flour, crushed walnuts, and chia egg to the bowl
Take the mixture and form small balls and flatten them out into sausage patties. Add more oat flour if mixture is too wet.
Add butter to a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Pan-fry vegan sausage patties for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden
Optional: pour additional maple/pancake syrup on top of the plant-based sausage patties.
- If the vegan sausage mixture is too wet, feel free to add more oat flour.
- Taste the tofu mixture prior to cooking to see if it meets your preference and tastebuds.
- You can use either pancake or maple syrup.
- For instructions to make oat flour and chia seed “egg,” see notes above this recipe, within the blog post.
- This recipe makes about 12-14 servings