Peanut Butter Red Lentil Curry
Grab your bowls for tender lentils in a creamy peanut butter red curry sauce! This peanut butter red lentil curry is packed with lip-smacking, umami flavors. It's the perfect dinner dish that is made complete with a side of warm flatbread.
- 13.5 fl oz can of coconut milk Do not shake can
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 cups broth (2 cups water + 1 bouillon cube)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cups red split lentils
- Do not shake the can of coconut milk. We’ll need the coconut cream that sits at the top. We’ll be needing the cream to fry the red curry paste and the tomato paste.
- For the broth, I used Edward & Sons Beef Bouillon Cubes. I used one cube with 2 cups of water. You can use a different brand of bouillon cube or use your own broth. Or, switch the 2 cups of broth with 2 cups of water and season to taste with salt or soy sauce.