Do you have days where all you do is just check the pantry and think about what you can put together? Yeah, that’s me every day.
Going into this easy red lentil coconut curry dish, I knew exactly what I wanted.
I wanted something filling, garlicky, and warm (I know it’s warm outside, but who cares). This bowl of red lentil coconut curry did exactly that. The best part? Only took just a handful of ingredients – most of which came directly from my kitchen pantry.
Add a side of rice or naan with this dish, or just have it as is.
Easy Red Lentil Coconut Curry Recipe
- Use coconut milk from the can.
- If the curry is not thick enough for you, add a teaspoon or so of all-purpose flour.
- Also, feel free to add more dry seasonings to the recipe if 1 teaspoon is not enough (cumin, turmeric, ginger, salt).
- 1 cup red split lentils
- 2.5 cups of water
- 1 can (13 oz) of coconut milk
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Mince the entire bulb of garlic.
- Add coconut oil into a pot over medium heat.
- Next, add the garlic. Stir and let it cook until fragrant, about 20-30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste. Stir and cook for another minute.
- Add the cumin, ginger, turmeric, and salt. Mix all together.
- Pour in the water and red lentils. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add coconut milk. Remove the lid from the pot. Bump up the temperature to medium-high.
- Stir frequently and cook for 10 minutes.
While you’re here, check out our most popular recipes on the website:
Did you try out this Red Lentil Coconut Curry Recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @plantbasedandbroke on Instagram and hashtag it #plantbasedandbroke. Show off that creation with us.