This Thai-style vegetable curry is the kind of creamy, flavor-packed, easy dinner recipe you need in the next night-time meal rotation.
I was tempted to order takeout from one of my Thai places, but since I am on a tight budget, I just knew that I should just make it myself.
I took a look into my cabinets and I had enough stuff to make a Thai-style curry. Thai red curry paste? Check. Coconut milk? Check.
Homemade dinner about to be made? CHECK.
Thai red curry paste typically comes in a jar and can usually found at Asian markets or food stores. Or, if you’re lucky enough to have an Asian aisle at your big-box grocery store, it may be there. However, if you just can’t find it at your store, Thai red curry paste may be purchased online.
Can Vegetable Curry Be Frozen?
Store the vegetable curry in the freezer for up to 3 months and up to 3 days in the refrigerator. If you’re planning on storing the curry in the freeze, it’s important to use a freezer-safe container or bag.
To reheat the vegetable curry, bring down the curry from the freezer to the refrigerator and allow it to thaw overnight. Then, reheat in a saucepan over medium heat until warm.
Additionally, you can warm up the curry in the microwave.
More Curry Recipes:
For more quick and easy plant-based dinner recipes, check out 30-Minute Plant-Based Dinner Ideas.
Easy Thai-Style Vegetable Curry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 small russet potatoes cubed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 3/4 cup frozen vegetables of choice
- pinch of salt to taste
- Set a saucepan over medium-heat. Add coconut oil and Thai red curry paste. Stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add lime juice, cubed potatoes, coconut milk, and ginger.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Stir in frozen vegetables of choice. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve.
Did you try out this Easy Thai-Style Vegetable Curry recipe?