Ugh, I am so in love with veggie burgers, especially this brown rice + black bean veggie burger recipe that I whipped up for my #WeAreEatingRice week on Instagram.
Honestly, I could eat burgers all day, every day. The veggie options are endless:
The list goes on-and-on.
But you’re probably wondering: is this burger mushy like all the other veggie burgers out there? The answer is NO. On the contrary, this burger has a variety of awesome textures and bold flavors.
Roasting the cooked black beans creates a more stable burger, while also dehydrating any excess moisture to avoid that soggy and sloppy veggie burger.
The best part? This recipe requires less than 10 ingredients with minimal cooking work.
Time to get to the brown rice + black bean veggie burger recipe!
Brown Rice + Black Bean Veggie Burger Recipe
- Roasting/baking the beans is a very important step if you want texture, flavorful, firm veggie burgers.
- I make the patties on the thinner size.
- If you don’t have smoked paprika, regular paprika is fine too.
- Feel free to adjust the salt.
- Add your favorite toppings to the burgers!
- This recipe makes about 6 burgers (I may have eaten all 6 burgers).
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- First, preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Next, drain, rinse, and pat dry the canned beans. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the carrots into small pieces.
- Afterward, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a single layer, add the beans and carrots onto the baking sheet.
- Slide the baking sheet into the oven and allow the beans and carrots to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Next, pour the carrots, black beans, cooked rice, seasonings, and tomato paste into a large bowl. Mix well. Then, smash the pieces with the back of a fork.
- Form balls with the patties then flatten out.
- To firm up, let the burgers chill in the fridge/freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, in a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil and cook the burgers for about 2 minutes on each side.
Check out our most popular recipes:
Also, be sure to join our community on Facebook.