Sometimes I just want to whip up something fast and easy – actually, that’s every day for me.
I was craving a burger post-workout, so I decided I was going to have a veggie burger for lunch. Something that was easy, fast, with a lot of protein in it. Cannellini beans, also known as white kidney beans are perfect for this.
You’ll only really need five ingredients for your plant-based veggie burgers, which I have listed below. For my favorite seasonings, I added garlic salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and nutritional yeast. However, you can add whatever seasonings you enjoy most.
As you are making your batch of burgers, feel free to taste them to see if you’ve added enough seasonings to your liking. Canned beans are already cooked, so it’s totally fine to try it before you “cook” them.
Cannellini Bean Veggie Burger
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon oat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Drain and rinse the can of cannellini beans.
- In a large bowl, mash the beans with a fork.
- Add the chia seeds, oat bran into a high-powered blender. Blend until flour-like.
- Mix together the flour mixture and beans.
- Make a ball with the mixture, in the palm of your hands. Then flatten out into 4 burger patties.
- Place them in the fridge/freezer for about 1 hour to firm up
- Over medium heat, cook the veggie burgers in a pan with coconut oil for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
While you’re here, check out our most popular recipes on the website:
Did you try out this Cannellini Bean Veggie Burger recipe?