Like most people, I can always go for a large bowl of homemade potato french fries. But why not switch it up for a heaping pile of baked zucchini fries?
In this recipe, feel free to switch up the seasonings for your favorites. There’s a lot of room to experiment. Other seasonings you can consider instead of the ones listed in the recipe include:
For this recipe, I want an Italian recipe feel – so I added dry basil leaves. I also added a pinch of nutritional yeast to bring forward a more cheesy or nutty flavor.
My favorite parts about this baked zucchini fries recipe are that it’s gluten-free, vegan, oil-free and perfectly delicious. It also uses easy-to-find ingredients and can be whipped up in just 30 minutes.
How To Make Vegan Zucchini Fries
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegan milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to your liking)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees. Line up a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut ends of the zucchini and cut length-ways in half. Cut into fries/strips.
- In a bowl, make the breading mix by combining garlic powder, nutritional yeast, dry basil leaves, and salt.
- Dip zucchini strip into vegan milk. Roll it around the breading mix. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 F degrees for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Make a second batch of breading, if need be. If you start to notice the breading starting to clump together, it’s time for a fresh batch.
Did you try out this Baked Zucchini Fries recipe?