Easy Walnut “Meat” Recipe
Whole food, plant-based recipe with no oil. Made with just walnuts, soy sauce, and seasonings.
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For 20 minutes, soak walnuts in cold water
Next, drain water from walnuts.
Then, add the walnuts, soy sauce, basil smoked paprika, and garlic powder into a food processor/high-powered blender.
Pulse until the walnuts look “meat-like.” Don’t pulse so much that it ends up like butter.
- Adjust the soy sauce as you like – depending on how salty (or not) you like your food.
- Walnuts, in general, are high in calories and fat, so if that’s something you’re concerned about, just take a peek at its nutritional value and serve accordingly.
- I don’t have a food processor, actually, just my Nutribullet. To pulse, I just blend for half a second, 4-5 times.