Breakfast Red Split Lentils
Creamy, red split breakfast lentils topped with chopped walnuts and creamy coconut milk. A great alternative to traditional porridge or oatmeal that whipped up in just minutes!
- 1 cup red split lentils
- 3 cups water/vegan milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoon brown sugar adjust to preference
- Splash of coconut milk optional
- Chopped walnuts optional
In a saucepan or pot over high heat, stir together red split lentils and water/vegan milk.
Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Once at a boil, lower heat to medium. Cook and stir for 15 minutes, or until creamy and tender.
Optional: Add your favorite porridge toppings! I added a splash of coconut milk and chopped walnuts.
- Feel free to use any sweetener of choice and use as much or as little as you prefer.
- For a creamier breakfast red split lentils, add a splash of coconut milk.