3-Ingredient Cinnamon Date Paste
3-Ingredient Cinnamon Date Paste made with 100% whole-food, plant-based ingredients. A healthy way to sweeten up your favorite snacks, desserts, or breakfast dishes.
- 2 cups pitted Deglet Nour dates (see notes for Medjool dates)
- Water (see notes + directions)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Bring about 4-5 cups of water to a boil. Arrange dates in a container and add enough of the boiled water to cover all of the dates. Cover container with a lid, wrap, or foil. Soak dates for 30 minutes.
Transfer dates and 1 cup of the reserved date water to a food processor or blender. Blend or process until smooth.
- Both Noor and Medjool dates work for this recipe. They have slightly different flavors and textures, but this recipe works for both. Noor is a little less sweet than Medjool dates. Use what you prefer or have. I have yet to try this recipe with other varieties (there are over 200), but feel free to experiment!
- To soak dates, use enough water to cover them. For the blending process, use just 1 cup of reserved date water.