Oil-Free Vegan Fried Rice
A delicious, oil-free healthy vegan fried rice recipe loaded with your favorite veggies along with tofu scramble!
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 2 large carrots thinly sliced or shredded
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup tofu scramble
- 5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
Set a large pan or wok over medium heat and add about 1 tbsp of water. Immediately after, add the chopped carrots, onions, and garlic. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Next, add the shredded cabbage to the pan or wok. Increase heat to medium-high heat. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add a splash of water when necessary throughout the cooking time to prevent sticking.
Next, add the frozen peas, cooked brown rice, cooked tofu scramble, and low-sodium soy sauce. Cook and frequently stir for another 5-8 minutes.
- Don’t fret if you don’t have the exact measurements for any given vegetable. Seriously, just use what you have.
- You’ll want to start this recipe with pre-cooked rice.
- I used brown rice, but use whatever type of rice you have.
- You NEED to use a non-stick pan if you’re cooking without oil.
- Adjust the soy sauce for more or less – depending on how you prefer your stir-fry.
- Use a wooden cooking spoon or silicone cooking spatula. Non-stick pans hate metal spoons.