Sometimes, I just want to eat like a queen, without having to do so much work in the kitchen.
As much as I love cooking, I’d consider myself the type of cook that wants something quick, cheap, and not complicated. And this is why I whipped up this basic breakfast tofu scramble.
This tofu recipe yields about 3 servings, but honestly, if you have my kind of appetite, you can probably eat this whole thing. It just depends on what else you’re having with this egg-less, tofu scramble.
For more breakfast recipes, check out 18 Frugal Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes. We have sweet, savory, and everything in between!
Basic Breakfast Tofu Scramble Recipe
- 1 Block firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Drain the excess water from tofu. Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towels.
- Set a pan over high heat. Add vegan butter.
- Once vegan butter had melted, pull apart tofu into crumbly pieces and add directly to the pan.
- Cook tofu for 3 minutes.
- Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric powder, salt, and garlic powder to the tofu.
- Stir tofu and seasonings all together.
- Cook for another 6-8 minutes over high heat.
- Use firm tofu – that’s going to get you that eggy bite you’re looking for.
- If you’re using extra/super firm tofu, you might need to chop in small pieces. It’ll be tough tearing it apart.
- Be sure to drain and pat dry the tofu as much as you can.
- For this recipe, I used vegan butter, but oil is fine too.
- To crumble the tofu, just pull apart pieces from the block.
- This takes about 10-12 minutes to cook.
Cookware Used In This Recipe
Did you try out this Basic Breakfast Tofu Scramble?