Sometimes, I just want to eat like a king, without having to do so much work in the kitchen. I love cooking, but most days, I’d consider myself the type of cook that wants something quick, cheap, and not complicated. And this is why I whipped up this basic breakfast tofu scramble.
This tofu recipe yields about 3 servings, but honestly, if you have my kind of appetite, you can probably eat this whole thing. Just depends what else you’re having with this egg-less, tofu scramble.
Basic Breakfast Tofu Scramble Recipe
- Use firm tofu – that’s going to get you that egg-y bite you’re looking for.
- If you’re using extra/super firm tofu, you might need to chop in small pieces. It’ll be tough tearing it apart.
- Be sure to drain and pat dry the tofu as much as you can.
- For this recipe I used vegan butter, but oil is fine too.
- To crumble the tofu, just pull apart pieces from the block.
- This takes about 10-12 minutes to cook.
- Block firm tofu
- 1 tsp vegan butter/oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Drain the excess water from tofu. Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towels.
- Over a medium-hot pan, add vegan butter/oil.
- Next, pull apart tofu into crumbly pieces and add directly to the pan.
- Cook tofu for 3 minutes.
- Add the nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, turmeric powder, salt, and garlic powder to the tofu.
- Stir tofu and seasonings altogether.
- Cook for another 5 minutes over medium. Then, cook at medium-high heat for another 3 minutes.
Want to bulk up your basic breakfast tofu scramble with something else? Try out these recipes:
Be sure to check out our growing community on Facebook!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1