A bowl of Butter Oat Bran is the perfect breakfast porridge for something quick, easy, and savory.
Hands-down, my favorite meal of the day is breakfast. Especially a warm one during the winter months.
What I love most about oats or porridge is that I can have it savory or sweet, that choice is up to me.
So, if I need something in the morning that I know will fill me up, oat bran is it.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You can get as creative as you want. Simply add salt and butter. Or, add other spices and ingredients to your bowl.
- Oat bran is the perfect morning meal if you need something to keep you full for relatively low calories.
- In one cup of raw oat bran, there are about 16 grams of protein, 15 grams of fiber, and 28% of the daily value of iron.
What To Eat With Oat Bran Porridge
If I need to add more to my plate, I like to add protein with my oat bran.
Check out these toppings to pair with savory oats:
- Roasted almonds
- Creamy peanut butter
- Chia Seeds
- Flax seeds
- Grated carrots
- Nutritional yeast
- Chopped onion
- Garlic butter
For spices, consider smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, garam masala, turmeric, black pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, garlic salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, black peppercorns, cumin, cayenne, or coriander.
Tried out this Butter Oat Bran recipe?
Buttery Oat Bran
- Combine oat bran, water, butter, and salt in a small pot or saucepan. Bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Simmer and stir frequently for 1-3 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Serve in a bowl and top with additional butter, salt, and black pepper (optional).
- My secret to savory oat bran is that a little bit goes a long way. A bit of butter and salt really brings forth the flavor.
- This cooks up FAST. So, stick around the kitchen and watch it. It will take at most 3 minutes to cook.
- Modify the milk/water depending on if you typically like your oats more creamy or dense.
More Plant-Based Oat Bran Recipes
- Gluten-Free Oat Bran Chocolate Pancakes
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bran Bowl
- Oat Bran Flour
- Mushroom Oat Bran Porridge
Did you try out this Easy Savory, Creamy Oat Bran Recipe?