One of my favorite quick-and-easy side dishes for any time of the day is Air Fryer Red Potatoes.
Potatoes are a super cheap food, which always makes it to my grocery list every week. They are versatile and I include them in about every day, including in soups, stews, or as a midday potato wedge snack.
Also, not so long ago I bought an air fryer.
I’m OBSESSED. And it has seriously changed everything when it comes to mealtimes.
Especially for the summertime when I want roasted vegetables, but without turning on the oven heat. Because this heat is no joke!
Why You’ll Love This
- Air frying potatoes takes half the time than it takes in the oven! So, if you need a last-minute side dish, this is the perfect recipe.
- It’s super easy to make, using just 5 pantry-friendly ingredients.
- If you want to add more to the potatoes, feel free. Other additions that work well with this dish include mushroom bacon, green onion, and other fresh herbs.
- It’s an affordable side dish that can be made any time of the year.
- Fewer calories + fat than traditionally fried potatoes.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Red Potatoes – I love using red potatoes in the air fryer! Because of their lower starch content, their shape holds relatively well while roasting. Other potatoes that work great for roasting/air-frying include Yukon, new potatoes, and fingerling potatoes.
- Olive Oil – Alternatively, you can use any oil you prefer.
- Garlic Salt – I love using garlic salt because I like anything garlic-flavored. You can also use regular salt. Or, a mix between regular salt and garlic powder. If you prefer to use fresh garlic, just crush or mince a couple of cloves.
- Black Pepper – Totally optional, but I love a bit of heat in my roasted potatoes. Other spices that work well in air fry potatoes include cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, adobo, smoked paprika, and curry powder.
- Paprika (Optional) – I use paprika for its color. But this can be skipped as well.
- Parsley – This adds incredible flair to the potatoes! Other herbs that can be used include rosemary or thyme. Feel free to use fresh herbs if you have them available.
How To Make Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- Toss Potatoes with olive oil and your choice of spices until well coated.
- Air Fry the potatoes for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Add Herbs to the potatoes and add salt to taste.
What To Eat With Red Potatoes
Mushroom Lentil Loaf is one of my favorites to pair with potatoes!
- If you don’t have garlic salt, regular salt works too. Also, feel free to use any spice mix you prefer.
- I used dried parsley, however, freshly chopped parsley can be used as well.
- Be sure to pat dry the potatoes after washing them, to prevent them from getting soggy.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might have to work in batches. I was able to make this recipe in 2 batches.
More Potato Recipes:
Tried out this Air Fryer Red Potatoes recipe?
Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into quarters or into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place the potatoes into a large bowl and add the olive oil, garlic salt, black pepper, and paprika. Toss until potatoes are well coated
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees F for a couple of minutes. Place potato quarters into the air fryer basket. Air fry for 15 minutes, shaking the tray halfway through the cook time. Work in batches if there isn’t enough space in the basket.
- Remove potatoes from the air fryer and quickly transfer to a mixing bowl. Toss with parsley and add additional garlic salt to taste.
- If you don’t have garlic salt, regular salt works too.
- I used dried parsley, however, freshly chopped parsley can be used as well
- Be sure to pat dry the potatoes after washing them.