If you have a container of old-fashioned oats, you already have the most important ingredient in this recipe.
We’re breaking down oats into a flour, so we’re keeping this recipe gluten-free.
How To Make Oat Flour
I promise – you’ll miss the all-purpose flour with this plant-based switch. After blending, sift the gluten-free oat flour for a more consistent texture in your pancakes
More Recipes With Oat Flour:
- Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Oat Bran Pancakes With Chocolate Syrup
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Oat Bran Pancakes
How They Compare To Standard Pancakes
Because this marvelous stack of pancakes is made of oats, they are denser. Slightly less fluffy and “chewy,” but definitely far more satiating and filling.
Like regular pancake batter, the final flavor profile is mild. Of course, the ripe banana will add a depth of natural sweetness and texture.
If you want to bump up the flavor, here are other spices and flavors to include in the pancake mix:
- Pumpkin Spice
- Brown Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips
- Shredded Coconut
- Chopped Nuts
For more breakfast recipes, check out 18 Frugal Plant-Based Breakfast Recipes. We have sweet, savory, and everything in between!
- This pancake batter will thicken the longer it sits – that’s expected and normal. The batter will thicken from the oats and chia seeds.
- The blended oat bran will create a flour consistency – this is what you want. Additionally, the blended chia seeds will help increase the absorption of its nutrients.
- This recipe yields about 1-2 servings. Depending on hungry you are and what kind of sharing mood you’re in.
How To Make Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 ripe banana
- Vegan butter
- Pour oats and chia seeds into a high-powered blender. Blend until it is a flour-like consistency.
- Add a sifter over a mixing bowl. Pour the gluten-free oat pancake mix, salt, and baking powder,. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the bananas and water. Or, blend together. Combine the pancake mix with the banana water. The batter will thicken as it sits – this is expected.
- Place a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat. Add vegan butter. Once melted, pour about ¼ cup of pancake batter for each pancake into the pan and spred into a circle with spoon. Cook for 3-6 minutes on each side.
Did you try out this Gluten-Free, Vegan Banana Pancakes Recipe?