Fall is here and pumpkin pie spice is in the air – whether that’s in coffee, tea, or smoothie. I am totally excited to get pumpkin pie spice oat bran pancakes onto the kitchen table every cool weekend this season.
Between a stack of pumpkin pie spice oat bran pancakes and a side of mushroom bacon and tofu scramble , your family is going to be impressed by your plant-based breakfast spread at the break of a cozy sunrise.
Or, don’t impress anyone and eat the whole thing yourself. Treat yo’ self.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Oat Bran Pancakes Recipe
- As the pancake batter sits, it will soak up the water and gradually become thicker. Feel free to add additional water as needed – you’re most likely going to need to.
- We’re throwing the oat bran and chia seeds into the blender for two reasons: 1) to get it to a flour consistency 2) breaking down the chia seeds will help increase absorption of their nutrients.
- Feel free to use any kind of vegan butter you like. I am a huge fan of Melt’s Organics and that is what I used.
- Use real maple syrup or fake syrup. Totally up to you…we’re all out here trying to save a dollar or two.
- This recipe yields about 1-2 servings.
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 cup of water
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Vegan butter
- Pumpkin butter (optional)
- First, in a high-powered blender, throw in your oat bran and chia seeds. Blend for about 30-60 seconds, or until powdery and flour-like.
- Pour the blended oat bran and chia seeds into a strainer and sift over a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together and blend well.
- Next, Add water and whisk again until well-combined and smooth.
- Over medium heat in a non-stick pan, add vegan butter. Once hot, pour about ¼ cup of pancake batter into the pan. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Top your pancakes with a dollop of butter, a drizzle of syrup and pumpkin butter (optional).
Want Breakfast Sides To Go With These Pancakes? Check These Recipes Out:
Did you try out this recipe?
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1