Sure, you can toast walnuts from the oven. But most days - I just want toasted walnuts in under 5 minutes. Toasting walnuts by stovetop is a great way to get there.
Why Toast Walnuts
Toasting or roasting walnuts enhances their flavor and creates a crunchy texture. Additionally, toasting them will soften their bitterness
How To Store Toasted Walnuts
- Allow the walnuts to cool to room temperature.
- Then, transfer the walnut pieces in an airtight container or reusable silicone bag. They’ll keep for up to a week.
Tried out this toasted walnuts recipe?
How To Toast Walnuts (Done in 3 Minutes + by Stovetop)
- 1 cup walnuts
- Heat a skillet or pan over medium heat. Once the pan is warm, pour in the walnuts. While stirring often, heat walnuts until slightly golden and fragrant, about 2-4 minutes.
- Walnut has a high-fat content that can make them burn quickly, so be sure to keep a close eye on them and stir often/constantly shake the pan.
- To store: Allow the walnuts to cool to room temperature. Then, transfer the walnut pieces in an airtight container or reusable silicone bag. They’ll keep for up to a week.