Cheap, easy, and plant-based – this recipe is the epitome of this blog. Additionally, if you’re focused on reducing or eliminating oil from your diet, you’re going to enjoy this vegan fried rice recipe.
What I really love about fried rice recipe is that there are no hard rules for how you can load your rice. All veggies are totally welcome. I usually use a fried rice recipe for when I have vegetables that I really need to use before they go bad, for example, for a hearty soup, stew or pasta recipe.
Okay, so let’s be real: oil makes a lot of things taste great. I’d be the first to raise my hand on that one. But there are ways to cook without it if you just don’t want it.
Quick tips to cooking without oil:
- Swap out the oil for water.
- Use a small amount of water at a time. We’re not boiling stuff. We’re just merely providing some lubrication between the pan and the food.
- Small amount = about a tablespoon at a time.
- Stir food often.
- Don’t be afraid to allow food to stick or brown (not burn) when cooking with water. This will bring out more of the flavor.
- Use a non-stick pan.
Vegan Fried Rice Recipe [Oil-Free] Recipe
- Don’t fret if you don’t have the exact measurements for any given vegetable. Seriously, just use what you have.
- You’ll want to start this recipe with pre-cooked rice.
- I used brown rice, but use whatever type of rice you have.
- You NEED to use a non-stick pan if you’re cooking without oil.
- Adjust the soy sauce for more or less – depending on how you prefer your stir-fry.
- Use a wooden cooking spoon or silicone cooking spatula. Non-stick pans hate metal spoons.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ sweet onion
- 1.5 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup tofu scramble
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Some water
- First, make the brown rice and tofu scramble. Set aside.
- Afterwards, finely dice the onion and carrots. Mince the garlic.
- Set a large pan over medium heat and add about 1 tbsp of water.
- Immediately after, throw in your chopped carrots, onions, and garlic.
- Cook and stir often for two minutes.
- Next, add the shredded cabbage to the pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high heat. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of water when necessary throughout the cook time.
- Next, add the frozen peas. Cook and stir everything for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, Add your cooked brown rice, cooked tofu scramble, and soy sauce.
- Cook and frequently stir for another 5 minutes.
Check out some of our most popular recipes:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 3