Blistered, golden, and juicy – that’s the goal for this easy blistered green beans recipe.
It’s time to crank up the stove and get it sizzling hot for your frozen green beans. For this recipe, I used Trader Joe’s frozen French green beans. French green beans are a thinner and shorter variety, which cooks in less time than your traditional green bean.
However, feel free to use whatever green bean variety you have hanging around in your kitchen. Just keep the difference in cook time in mind and adjust accordingly.
Not sure what to pair these scorched green beans with? A good addition includes mashed potatoes, tofu “chicken,” buffalo cauliflower wings, roasted potatoes, lentil loaf, tempeh bacon, mushroom bacon, or, tomatoes.
A great way to saute these bad boys up is by using a cast-iron pan, however, if you’re like me with limited cooking equipment – a non-stick pan works just fine.
Hey, we just gotta use what we have and make it work. This is real-life cooking, guys.
My favorite way to make this recipe is with a pat but of my favorite vegan butter with a dash of salt. In that way, we can get a buttery, blistery result…without the hacking-coughing smoke.
Blistered Green Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- pinch of salt
- Over medium-high heat, heat a non-stick skillet or pan. Add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the green beans. Toss to evenly coat with the butter.
- Cook for 3 minutes undisturbed. Then, toss and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Crank up the heat to high. Cook and toss occasionally for an additional 3-5 minutes, until golden and blistered.
- Add a pinch of salt, toss, serve.
- We’re using French green beans in this recipe, a slimmer and stumpy green bean variety. However, feel free to use any kind you want and adjust cook time accordingly.
- This recipe is for ½ pound of green beans.
Cookware Used In This Recipe
Did you try out this Blistered Green Beans Recipe?