Ready for these epic, crispy buffalo cauliflower wings? Time to pull out those big sweatpants and leave room for seconds and thirds.
These wings have the perfect about of crispiness, tenderness, and flavor – these vegan buffalo cauliflower wings will send you over the moon.
They are the perfect snack for a daytime party, game day appetizer, or just a snack to have that you prefer not to share.
These cauliflower wings are pretty easy to make. They don’t require a lot of ingredients and you’ll have them ready in under an hour.
Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- First, preheat oven to 450 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and vegan milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Next, In another large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt.
- Drip each cauliflower floret into the batter and coat evenly. Tap the excess off 2-3 times against the inside of the bowl.
- Then dip the floret into the dry bowl with bread crumbs. Coat evenly.
- Next, lay the florets on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Giving space between each floret.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Then bake the other side for another 10 minutes.
- During the second ten minutes, in a small saucepan over low heat, add the buffalo sauce and butter. Stir until butter has melted.
- Coat the wings with the buffalo sauce. Then, add them back onto a baking sheet.
- Finally, bake for another 10 minutes. Flip. Then bake the other side for another 10 minutes.
- You’ll want to use parchment paper. This will provide maximum crispiness. It’s non-stick and will prevent the result of soggy wings. Note, wax paper is not the same as parchment paper, nor are they an alternative to use in an oven. They will burn/melt/catch on fire. Don’t use those.
- When it’s time to batter up your wings, make sure to tap the wings a few times against the bowl to remove any excess batter.
- When placing the wings onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper, give them space. One inch apart should do. If they are too close together, they’ll steam and you won’t get that crispiness your mouth deserves.
- If you’re looking for something gluten-free, you can use gluten-free flour, like almond flour.
- Side note: I tested these wings with oat flour – it’s not my favorite. Additionally, It didn’t quite soak up the buffalo sauce, the taste of oats is detectable, and it wasn’t crispy. However, feel free to experiment.
- If you’re using a whole cauliflower, cut them into small florets. Smaller florets mean more flavor, crispiness, and fun.
While you’re here, check out our most popular recipes on the website:
Did you try out this Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Recipe?