Who says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast?
We’re breaking all of the rules this morning, because well, we’re adults. Okay, so we’re not breaking all of the rules. This plant-based chocolate raspberry smoothie is actually pretty healthy.
The smoothie is loaded with fiber, protein, healthy fats, and it’s under 500 calories, making this breakfast smoothie nutritionally powerful and filling.
Considering the calorie-intake of this plant-based smoothie, it has an incredible amount of fiber (25g). According to Mayo Clinic, fiber helps with normalizing bowel movement, maintain bowel health, lowers cholesterol levels, helps control blood sugar levels, and aids in achieving a healthy weight.
However, if you’re not used to having a whopping 25 grams of fiber in a meal, or even in a day – I have a few suggestions below at the end of this recipe to reduce the fiber in this chocolate raspberry smoothie recipe
All of the ingredients are completely plant-based and easy to throw together. Although this smoothie tastes like a guilty pleasure, it will do your body good.
Also to note: I typically have ripe frozen bananas handy in the freezer. However, you can also just throw banana slices onto a glass plate, then throw them in the freezer. Let them freeze for about an hour or so prior to using them in the smoothie.
Alright, let’s get to this plant-based chocolate raspberry smoothie recipe.
Plant-Based Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
- To reduce the fiber in this smoothie, just opt out of the chia seeds. That will remove 10g of the fiber.
- If you want your smoothie sweeter, add more dates.
- For more flavor, you can switch out the plain yogurt for vanilla.
- When having fiber, make sure to remember to drink plenty of water.
- Finally, if you ever want to track what you’re consuming, MyFitnessPal is a great app and that’s what I use to calculate some of my macro and micro-nutrients.
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp 100% cacao (unsweetened)
- Vegan plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 pitted dates
- ¼ cup / 50g frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup of water
- A handful of ice
- Take all of your ingredients and throw them into a blender. Next, blend for about 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Calories – 440
- Fiber – 25.5g
- Protein – 15g
Looking for more sweet breakfast ideas? Check these out:
Have you checked out our community yet? Hang out with us!