Listen, sometimes I just want a snack just using what I already have at my home. (hint: roasted chickpeas with cinnamon).
Besides, I am not about that go-to-the-grocery-store-just-to-make-a-dish life. I love all of my readers, but I also love being frugal. 😉
Anyway, I took a peek into my very sad and nearly empty pantry (I haven’t done propper shopping in a couple of weeks) and I spotted a beautiful can of chickpeas.
Then I saw that I had cinnamon. Hmmmm. My brain was definitely turning with ideas. So, I decided that I should throw those bad boys into an oven, get something them nice and crispy, then toss it in the stuff that’ll remind me of winter….just so I can stop thinking about how ridiculously hot it is in my apartment right now.
If you care, it’s nearly 100F degrees where I am and I am rethinking my whole “I prefer warm weather” stance. Ironically, I used my oven for this recipe. Using an oven in the middle of a heat wave kinda sucks, but I digress.
Okay, ready for the recipe? Make sure to read the cooking notes! It’s important.
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Cinnamon Recipe
- When removing the outer shell of the chickpeas, pinch it very softly and the shell should easily come off.
- Removing the outer shell will yield much crispier roasted chickpeas.
- Eating this as a snack will be a bit messy, but totally worth it. Eat it with a spoon if you don’t want your hands sticky!
- You can totally customize this recipe add flavors you like. The popular ones: garlic powder, cayenne pepper, bbq.
- Check on the level of crispiness of the chickpeas by trying one out. If they are crispy enough, take ‘em out. If not, leave them in the oven for a few more minutes.
- If you want more sweetness, add more your sweetener of choice.
- If you want it more cinnamon-y (I always do), add more cinnamon.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- A pinch of salt
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas.
- Set the chickpeas in a bowl and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- While it’s preheating, remove the outer shell or skin from each chickpea.
- Next, set the skinned chickpea into another bowl.
- Repeat until all of the chickpeas’ outer shell has been removed.
- Pat the chickpeas dry as much as you possible can.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly distribute the chickpeas onto a baking sheet.
- Then, bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Remove chickpeas from the oven and immediately toss with the rest of the ingredients (oil, cinnamon, maple syrup/honey, salt).
- Finally, allow the chickpeas to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Eat your roasted chickpeas as a snack!
Check out our most popular recipes:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1