Dig in – we’re going for a heaping pile of healthy edible cookie dough made with creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, semi-sweet chocolate chips, warm vegan milk, and oats.
We don’t have to worry about flour, baking soda/powder, or eggs in this recipe. It’s semi-healthy, using pantry-friendly, plant-based ingredients. Oh, and we’re kicking out the butter and the oil.
You’ll just need 7 ingredients for this sweet snack: brown sugar, peanut butter, vegan milk, vanilla, oat flour, whole old-fashioned oats, and chocolate chips (or your favorite add-ons).
If you don’t want edible cookie dough and want to go for cookies instead, check out our peanut butter oatmeal cookies. Same ingredients, but with the other stuff that turns cookie dough into a cookie.
Lately, I’ve been having a sweet-tooth, and this is one of my favorite ways of settling that down. And it just takes minutes to whip up.
Whether you’re going for a no-bake treat because you don’t want to crank up the heat in the middle of a scorching summer, or you don’t want to wait a long 15 minutes until the cookies are done – this is a great way to get your cookie fix.
Speaking of no-bake desserts, try out our chilled 4-Ingredient chocolate chia seed pudding that’s healthy, loaded with fiber and protein, but still dessert-approved.
More Healthy Dessert Recipes :
- If you’re not into chocolate chips, feel free to swap it out for something else.
- The cookie dough can be eaten rightwaway after being mixed together, but if you like it cold, pop it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Cookie Dough Add-Ins
If you swap out the chocolate chips for something else – go for it. I always have chocolate chips around, so it’s an easy go-to.
Whatever you choose, make it something you love.
Is This Safe To Eat?
Cookie dough is not normally safe to eat – mostly due to the raw flour, which can have harmful bacteria that can leave you feeling sick.
However, we’re using old-fashioned oats to act as our safe and healthy flour replacement.
Raw eggs are an issue too. But lucky for us, this recipe is vegan.
How To Store
If you’re not planning on digging into the cookie dough right away, you can store it in an air-tight container or reusable silicone bags in the refrigerator for a few days, or up to several months in the freezer.
New to a plant-based diet? Check out our FREE guide to going plant-based on a budget.
Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 40 grams
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter 64 grams, no added sugar/salt)
- 1/3 cup warm vegan milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour 80 grams
- 1/2 cup whole old-fashioned oats 40 grams
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips 30 grams
- Whisk together the brown sugar, peanut butter, vegan milk, and vanilla extract. Combine until smooth. Then, with a silicone spatula, combine the oat flour, whole oats, and vegan chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes. Scoop out about 1 tablespoons worth and serve.
- To make oat flour, all you need is a blender and old-fashioned oats. Here’s that oat flour recipe you’re looking for.
Did you try out this Healthy Edible Cookie Dough recipe?