My favorite treat? Something that’s made with affordable, approachable, and delicious ingredients: chocolate oat bran muffins.
What I love most about these muffins is that they are incredibly filling, rich, and chocolatey. If you want something sweet, yet, still packs a well-rounded nutritional value, this chocolate oat bran muffin recipe is the way to go.
Here’s the breakdown…
Rough nutritional value per muffin:
- Calories: 176
- Carbs: 34g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
This morning, I woke up to a brisk 50-degree air wrapped around the inside of my home. Woo! It was frosty. It gave me the excuse to crank up the oven to warm up my apartment while sliding grab-and-go breakfast out of its belly.
These muffins can be whipped up in just 15 minutes. While that coffee pot is puttering and churning, your muffins will be fluffing up in the oven. With 6 servings to deliver, it’s a great way to serve breakfast for the entire family.
Pro-tip: Serve ‘em warm and feel free to roll out a pat of vegan butter onto the muffins.
If this is your first time making oat bran muffins, keep in mind that since we’re using whole ingredients, these will be denser.
What Else Can You Make With Oat Bran?
Oat Bran Pancakes With Chocolate Syrup
Want fiber from a stack of pancakes? Well, here you go! Covered in homemade, chocolate syrup and frosty raspberries, this is the kind of breakfast everyone can get behind. It is the ultimate kid-friendly breakfast.
Savory Oat Bran Bowl With Tofu
Oat bran doesn’t have to be made into something sweet. Topped with tofu and steamed kale, it’s a breakfast that’ll make you feel whole and light.
Oat flour is easier to make than you think. With just one ingredient and a high-powered blender, you’ll have oat flour in seconds.
Buttery Oat Bran Bowl
This reminds me of cream of wheat or farina, but better. You’ll actually feel satiated and comfortably full.
Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oat Bran Bowl
Need a bit of dessert for breakfast? Go for a decadent bowl of dark chocolate and peanut butter oat bran bowl.
Chocolate Oat Bran Muffins
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- Grease a six-mold muffin or cupcake tin with vegan butter, cooking spray, or oil.
- Combine and whisk the dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips to the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the greased muffin tin and fill a little over ¾ of the way full for each muffin mold.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove muffin and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes.
- The muffins are ready in about 15-17 minutes. However, pierce the center of the muffins with a toothpick to check its doneness. If it comes out clean, they’re ready. If they don’t, pop the muffins in for another couple of minutes.
- To prevent sticking, use a cooking spray or grease the muffin tins with vegan butter or oil.
- These muffins will be modestly sweet. Personally, I sometimes just want a treat that won’t send me on a downward sugar spiral.
Cookware Used In Recipe
While you’re here, check out our most popular recipes on the website:
Did you try out this Chocolate Oat Bran Muffins?