Warmer weather calls for refreshing smoothies! I can’t always hang out on a tropical island, so I am bringing that energy into a peach-mango smoothie.
Why You’ll Love This
- Smooth and cold – but without the ice! Ice is great, but it can yield a watery smoothie as it begins to melt. So, we’re using frozen peaches and mangoes instead!
- No chopping is needed! Go for pre-chopped frozen fruit to make this smoothie. No need to worry about washing, peeling, and chopping.
- This smoothie is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and nut-free!
- It’s low calorie! With just 160 calories per serving.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Frozen Peaches
- Frozen Mango
- Vegan Milk – Use any kind of vegan milk of choice. It can be soy, almond, or even a splash of coconut milk for a creamier smoothie.
Smoothie tip: always have frozen fruit on hand! This will make your smoothie better, I promise! Just wash, peel, and chop your fruit, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag.
Also, if you’re not into smoothies in a jar or cup, go for a smoothie bowl, instead. For smoothie bowl toppings, consider chia seeds, shaved coconut, nuts, seeds, berries, and granola.
Should I Peel A Peach for a Smoothie
Yes! If you’re using fresh peaches, be sure to peel them. Peeling the peach will yield a smoother smoothie. Additionally, you’ll want to chop them up into cubes and transfer them to a freezer to freeze at least overnight.
If using frozen-bought peaches, they’re good to use right away. No peeling necessary!
Frozen peaches are also frozen at peak ripeness, giving them natural sweetness and lots of flavors.
How To Make a Smoothie Thicker
- Use frozen fruit
- Use cold or semi-frozen milk/water/liquid
- Use just enough liquid. Too much will yield a watery smoothie
- Add fiber: oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, or ripe avocado
- Use yogurt instead of milk/liquid
Tried out this Peach Mango Smoothie recipe?
3-Ingredient Peach Mango Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches (~70 grams)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango (~70 grams)
- 1 cup vegan milk
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve.
- It’s best to use frozen fruit (peaches and mango) to avoid the use of ice – which can water down a smoothie.
- Go for any kind of vegan milk you prefer. I like to use vanilla-flavored soy milk.
- If you’re using ripe frozen fruit, no sugar or sweeteners are needed. However, free to add your favorite if you think it could go for a boost of sweetness!