I took a look into my fridge and I have enough stuff to make a smoothie: frozen ripe bananas, peaches, spinach. That’s it. And some water. And thus…the simple green smoothie was born.
It’s starting to get hot again outside and I have a feeling that cooking in a hot kitchen is going to get miserable FAST. My brain is currently churning out chill and cool recipes for the rest of the summer months.
In the meantime, here are a few cool and collected recipes I currently have:
Moving on, this green smoothie only takes a handful of ingredients, my favorite blender, and bellies waiting to feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Are you ready for a creamy, green smoothie that is the perfect anytime snack?
- Use ripe, frozen bananas. The browner the banana, the better. That is where your natural sweetness will come from.
- Frozen bananas will help bring a nice thick texture to your smoothie.
- Makes 1-2 servings.
- Using frozen banana, peaches, and spinach will get you a naturally cold smoothie. Or, you can add a few ice cubes.
- 1 frozen, ripe banana
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 chopped up peach (frozen is better).
- Gather all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Check out our most popular recipes:
This post may contain links to Amazon; your purchases via these links can help Plant Based and Broke. Read my full disclosure policy can be found here.