What costs less than $1 dollar to whip up and takes less than 5 minutes of your attention? A warm bowl of quick savory garlic oat bran – that’s what.
Although I can totally go for a warm bowl of oats topped with fruit paired and maple, savory is definitely my favorite way of having it.
If you’re not familiar with oat bran, it’s is the outer layer of the oat groat, according to Healthline. Additionally, It also has more protein and fiber than oatmeal. Oat bran reminds me of farina, or cream of wheat – except it’s a bit more textured and much more filling.
This recipe will yield a creamy bowl of oat bran with a mild buttery, garlic flavor.
Quick Savory Garlic Oat Bran Recipe
- Oat bran is a bit different from your regular old-fashioned oats. They cook much faster and have a similar texture to farina/cream of wheat.
- Avoid burning the minced garlic by stirring frequently and only cook them for a few seconds, or until fragrant.
- Feel free to add less or more garlic cloves. Honestly, I am obsessed with garlic, so the more, the better.
- This recipe yields one serving.
- You may use non-dairy milk instead of water for a thicker, creamier bowl of oats.
- Feel free to experiment throw in additional toppings like mushrooms, tofu, or olives.
- ½ cup oat bran
- 1 ¼ cup water (or non-dairy milk)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- Salt to taste
- Heat the butter in a small pot over medium heat.
- Next, add the minced garlic. Saute and cook for about 10-30 seconds, until fragrant. Careful not to burn the garlic.
- Combine oats, water, and a pinch of salt. Mix together.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- (Optional) Top your oats with more cooked garlic or serve as-is.
Want more oat bran recipes? Check these out:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1