So. You have a pot of leftover rice from last night’s dinner just cooling off in the fridge. Well, aren’t you going to do something with it?
I’m thinking cinnamon-spiced breakfast rice pudding, also known as “arroz dulce.”
I bet when you think of breakfast, you’re definitely not thinking about leftover rice. I get it. Your normal bowl of oatmeal or your riskier bowl of breakfast lentils seems a little more…reasonable. However, don’t discount the magic that rice can bring to the breakfast table.
Not only are you utilizing leftovers and minimizing food waste, but you’re also preparing a very cheap breakfast loaded with robust flavors and a kind warmness to it.
Ready to blow your mind with a cinnamon-spiced breakfast rice pudding? Let’s get to it.
Cinnamon Spiced Breakfast Rice Pudding
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- In a pot over medium heat, combine the cooked rice, maple syrup, raisins, vegan milk, water, and cinnamon.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- As soon as the rice mix begins to bubble, reduce the heat to low.
- Stir frequently and simmer for about 7 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve your breakfast rice pudding in bowls and top with nuts (optional) for an extra crunch.
- You can use any type of vegan milk for this recipe. I opted for coconut milk for its creaminess.
- If you’re not into maple syrup, feel free to use any other sweetener of choice.
- If you want your rice pudding to be sweeter, add more sugar or raisins.
- Add more or less milk/water, depending on how thick/soup-y you like it.
- This recipe yields about 3 servings.
While you’re here, check out our most popular recipes on the website:
Did you try out this Cinnamon Spiced Breakfast Rice Pudding Recipe?