Here’s another episode of “What Can Aly Make With Oat Bran?”
After an incredibly long search for my go-to oat bran, I finally have two huge bags of the stuff in my pantry. Either everyone is going nuts for oat bran, so they’re constantly sold out at my local grocery shop, or stores are not stocking them. At any rate, I now have them in my possession.
If you ever have the challenge of trying to find oat bran, Amazon usually has them available. I typically purchase Bob’s Red Mill brand.
The reason why I always choose oat bran over any kind of oats is that I really love their texture, how quickly they cook, and how much fiber it has.
These pancakes are super easy to make, gluten-free, vegan, oil-free, plant-based, and just really freaking delicious. The following recipe makes one pancake. Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you want more.
Gluten-Free Oat Bran Pancakes
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- First, in a high-powered blender, throw in your oat bran and chia seeds. Blend for about 30-60 seconds, or until powdery and flour-like.
- Pour the blended oat bran and chia seeds into a strainer and sift over a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, cinnamon powder, baking powder to the bowl. Whisk together well.
- Next, add water and whisk again until well-combined and smooth.
For my pancakes, I like to top with bananas, raspberries, and maple syrup. A good addition to pancakes would be peanut butter and nuts. Experiment and serve with the toppings you like.
While you’re here, check out our most popular recipes on the website:
Did you try out this Gluten-Free Oat Bran Pancakes recipe?