If you’re looking for a pancake recipe that doesn’t need attention, flipping, or a spatula-in-hand commitment, you came to the right place. This gluten-free oven sheet pan pancakes takes just 15 minutes and can serve a family of four.
Every year on Christmas morning I make a few breakfast dishes. This is something my mother did for me as a kid, that I now do for my family. One of the more difficult parts about this was the pancakes.
I could only make about 1-3 pancakes at a time, depending on their size, and then I would hover over the stove until I had a decent stack for each person.
So, this year I was thinking about how I can serve a dining table piled on with breakfast goods, without having to stress myself out. This means getting smarter about how I prepare some of these dishes.
One of the dishes that I contemplating removing from the Christmas morning menu was pancakes. However, I was able to come up with a way to still have it around, while cutting the cook time and labor.
We’re throwing a gluten-free, plant-based, healthy pancake batter right into the oven.
The magic ingredient?
If you are in a holiday sweettooth kind-of-mood, check out our cinnamon brown sugar snowball cookies.
More Pancake Recipes:
- Oat Bran Pancakes With Chocolate Syrup
- Gluten-Free Banana Pancake Stack
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Oat Bran Pancakes
- You’ll need to use very ripe bananas. This helps with bringing sweetness, flavor, and acts as a binder for the gluten-free sheet pancakes. The darker and softer the banana, the better. If you’re using frozen, ripe bananas, just zap it in the microwave for a minute until soft.
- You’ll need a sheet pan that is 16×12. However, you can use a sheet pan with slightly smaller dimensions. After baking, stick a toothpick to check if the sheet pancake is fully cooked.
Where To Find Vegan Chocolate Chips
When it comes to specialty, vegan items can be challenging to find. However, I scored a bag of vegan chocolate chips from my local Target.
I bought Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chips. They can also be found and bought online.
If you cannot get your hands on chocolate chips, you can top your sheet pancakes with whatever you choose to top them with.
Pancake Topping Ideas:
- Sliced almonds
- Crushed walnuts
- Chocolate Sauce
- Sliced Bananas
Gluten-Free Oven Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and set aside a 16×12-inch sheet pan.
- Pour old-fashioned oats and chia seeds into a blender. Blend until flour-like. Transfer the blended oats and chia seeds to a mixing bowl. Add to the mixing bowl salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- In a blender or in a separate mixing bowl, mix the soy milk and ripe bananas. Combine the banana and milk mixture with the dry ingredients. Whisk all of the ingredients until well-combined.
- Allow the pancake batter to sit and thicken for about 5 minutes. If the sheet pan is not non-stick, spray with non-stick spray.
- Pour the batter into the sheet pan and slightly tilt to evenly cover the bottom of the sheet pan with the pancake batter. Top with sliced almonds and chocolate chips. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Cut and serve.
Did you try out this Gluten-Free Oven Sheet Banana Pancakes recipe?