You already know that I love cooking, but I am allergic to recipes with too many steps and ingredients. So I figured out a no-fuss, easy banana bread recipe that’s plant-based, oil-free, moist, and really freaking delicious.
For this recipe, I only used 5 necessary ingredients. That’s it. And everything’s plant-based approved. After you’re done making this, you’re going to be tempted to eat the whole thing.
I know I did. And I ate it all. Whatever, at least it has a lot of fiber.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used and my full disclosure policy can be found here.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 8 dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 cup oat bran
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Excluding the walnuts, throw everything in a blender.
- Blend for about a minute, until you get a batter-type consistency.
- Mix your walnuts with the banana bread batter.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan. Top with more walnuts if you want.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Then, for the remaining 30 minutes, loosely cover with aluminium foil.
- Check with toothpick if done. If it comes out clean , it’s done. If not done, pop it in for a few more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Remove. Slice. Serve.
If you’re interested in the nutritional value, here’s the breakdown for the entire loaf, according to MyFitnessPal app:
Protein – 29 grams
Carbs – 206 grams
Fat – 27 grams
Fiber – 40 grams
Calories – 1,125 kcal