Let’s taco ‘bout these breakfast tofu scramble tacos. Okay, that was a lame joke – let’s move on.
I get it, not only is a basic tofu scramble always a good idea for breakfast, but it’s also quick to whip up. But, sometimes a little bit of magic in the kitchen to transform them from “good” to “damn these are good!” can make you forget for just a moment that you have to get ready for work and be a productive member of society.
In under 30 minutes, you will have breakfast on the table and maybe a small food coma (but that’s what coffee is for).
Let’s get to this tofu scramble breakfast tacos!
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos Recipes
- If you really want to save money on tofu, check out your local Asian store. At mine, I am able to score tofu blocks for just 99 cents.
- The tumeric in this recipe helps color the tofu block to a yellow-ish shade. No need to add a bunch of it – it really stains. A pinch, or ¼ of a teaspoon will do.
- I used roma tomatoes because I really love their color and flavor, but you can use your favorite kind of tomato.
- If you don’t have olive oil, any kind of vegetable oil will do.
- I used canned black beans for this recipe. Just be sure to drain the liquid and give it a quick rinse.
- This recipe makes about 1-2 servings.
- If you want to make the beans from scratch, you’ll just need additional time. But it’s easy. Check out my black bean recipe.
- ½ block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 whole roma tomato, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup cooked black beans
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- Small tacos
Tofu Scramble Directions:
- First, drain the tofu and cut block in half. Store one half for another time. Set the other half aside for the recipe.
- Chop the red onion, bell pepper, roma tomato, and garlic cloves. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan over medium-heat, add the onion and green bell pepper. Cook until tender.
- Next, add the chopped tomato and garlic. Cook until fragrant — about 1 minute.
- With your hands, tear the tofu block into small pieces to mimic the look of egg scramble pieces.
- Crank up the heat to medium-high heat. Mix all of the vegetables and tofu together.
- Then, add the nutritional yeast, salt, and tumeric. Mix everything together.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the beans. Mix again. Then serve.
- To toast and warm the tacos, set up a pan over medium-high heat.
- Throw the tacos into the pan and toast on each side for about 1 minute, until golden.
Want more? Check out these easy breakfast recipes:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1